Dr. Patrick F. McEvoy is committed to using the latest technology to provide the very best care. Laser dentistry offers many advantages that make dental treatment more comfortable and effective. These extremely precise tools can remove small amounts of hard or soft tissue with minimized discomfort and recovery time. Dr. McEvoy uses lasers to perform many different treatments, including cosmetic gum contouring, treatment for oral cancer, prepping for dental crowns, and much more. To learn more about the benefits of laser dentistry, contact our Mountain View practice.
About Laser Dentistry
Lasers have had a significant positive impact on dentistry. Dr. McEvoy uses several types of lasers with different wavelengths suited for a variety of tissue densities. Laser procedures are safe, effective, and efficient. In most cases, there is no need for novocaine or anesthetic injections. Dr. McEvoy is one of only two area dentists using these cutting-edge tools.
The Solea Laser
Dr. McEvoy has invested in the SOLEA laser because of the vastly improved experience it provides to patients. This is a hard and soft tissue laser that is so advanced that anesthesia is not needed for 95% of dental procedures. Lasers have been a huge leap forward in dentistry, and the SOLEA laser performs differently and better even than existing dental lasers. It is faster, more versatile, and more precise, giving Dr. McEvoy superior control for better outcomes. Patients get their work done faster and are amazed at how comfortable they can be.
Dr. McEvoy can use lasers in a variety of treatments:
- Reshaping your teeth: If you are going to receive a crown or bridge, Dr. McEvoy will restructure your tooth to accommodate the restoration using a laser to make conservative and precise alterations.
- Treating decay: Before placing a filling, Dr. McEvoy will use a laser to clean and reshape your tooth. The high-power energy will kill bacteria while affecting very little of the surrounding tissues. Lasers work very quickly, allowing Dr. McEvoy to treat up to 12 cavities in one hour.
- Detecting oral cancer: If you have unusual skin lesions, Dr. McEvoy may use a laser to remove a small tissue sample for a biopsy to determine if cancerous cells are present.
- Frenectomy: Your upper frenulum attaches your top lip to your gums. Your lower frenulum attaches your lower lip to your gums. If your frenulum is too large, it can cause speech impediments and a gapped smile. Dr. McEvoy can remove some of this tissue using laser technology.
- Gum contouring: If you have uneven or excessive gums, the dentist can remove some tissue to create an enhanced frame for your smile.
- Teeth whitening: High-powered lasers can accelerate the whitening process, intensifying the effects of the bleach.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Lasers offer numerous advantages:
- Comfort: Lasers eliminate the need for drills and other manual tools. With laser technology, your treatment will be quiet and free from jarring vibrations.
- Shorter recovery: Lasers seal blood vessels as they remove tissue. Following a laser-assisted procedure, you will experience minimal swelling and irritation.
- Precision: High-power lasers are extremely accurate. With these devices, Dr. McEvoy can remove a conservative amount of tissue with little impact to the surrounding areas.
- Efficiency: Thanks to their great accuracy, lasers make dental treatment much quicker.
- Safety: Lasers destroy bacteria. This makes them an excellent choice for treating dental decay.
- Suitable for all ages: Dr. McEvoy can use lasers to treat adults as well as kids.
Learn More about Our Advanced Treatment
Thanks to our advanced technology, your treatment can be very comfortable, efficient, and effective. Contact our office today to learn more about laser dentistry and how it can benefit you.