Porcelain veneers can thoroughly enhance your smile in one or two office visits. These custom-made porcelain shells attach to the front of your teeth, masking cosmetic imperfections and creating symmetry in your smile. Dr. McEvoy offers several kinds of porcelain veneers to give you a beautiful smile. He will provide a thorough consultation to help you select the right type of veneers for your needs. Contact us today to learn more about porcelain veneers placed at our Mountain View practice.
About Porcelain Veneers
Our veneers are custom-made of thin, durable porcelain to match the shape and color of your natural teeth. The porcelain will also have natural-looking translucency, making it virtually indistinguishable from real dental enamel. Dr. McEvoy will attach the veneers directly to the front of your teeth. A single veneer can make a dramatic difference in the appearance of your smile. Meanwhile, treatment can involve placing several at once in order to meet your goals. Veneers can:
- Give worn, unusually shaped, or small teeth a more uniform appearance
- Close small gaps between your teeth
- Enhance the appearance of one or more slightly misaligned teeth
- Hide small chips and hairline cracks
- Cover stains that do not respond to teeth whitening
Before attaching veneers, Dr. McEvoy will create a mock-up, allowing you to preview the results and request any changes necessary to meet your goals.
"Dr. McEvoy is an awesome dentist, and would recommend him to anyone."
-Losa V. - San Jose
Types of Veneers
Dr. McEvoy offers several types of veneers. To place traditional veneers, he will remove a small amount of your dental enamel. This will create room for the veneer, allowing it to lay flat against your teeth. In some cases, Dr. McEvoy can also provide no-prep veneers. Because the porcelain is thinner, Dr. McEvoy will need to remove very little enamel, if any. No-prep veneers can often provide many of the same enhancements as traditional veneers. However, they may not be the ideal solution to cover dark stains or close gaps in your smile. Dr. McEvoy will carefully determine your candidacy for these veneers at your initial consultation.
Finally, if you want to enhance a single tooth, Dr. McEvoy can provide a same-day veneer made with CEREC® technology. He will use this advanced imaging system to create a digital 3-D image of your tooth. This image will guide our in-office milling machine as it fabricates your veneer from a single block of porcelain using diamond-tipped tools. Dr. McEvoy can attach the restoration as soon as it is created.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer many attractive advantages:
- Versatility: Veneers can conceal a wide range of aesthetic imperfections, and create symmetry in your smile.
- Durability: If you care for them properly, veneers can last many years.
- Convenience: It is easy to care for veneers. Simply maintain daily brushing and flossing, and visit your dentist every six months.
- Appearance: Veneers look incredibly realistic.
- Increased confidence: After Dr. McEvoy places your veneers, the aesthetic enhancement can give you a significant boost in self-confidence.
Find Out If Veneers Are Right for You
To determine your candidacy for porcelain veneers, schedule an appointment with Dr. McEvoy today.